DIARY OF A RENOVATION - WEEKS 7 & 8

After the flurry of activity that I wrote about in my last update, things seem to have been pretty slow over the last couple of weeks mainly due to that most elusive of tradesman - The Plumber.

Having been let down by two different guys work on the pipework finally began, albeit in fits and starts.  The boiler has been repositioned to the new utility area under the stairs (although I am still waiting for the flue to be connected so it's quite redundant) and the pipes and waste have been run to the new kitchen area in the living room.  This is where the biggest change has taken place.  The walls have been painted (I changed my mind about the colour at the last minute but I'm confident I made the right choice), the new cornicing has been fitted and after quite a lot of fiddly joinery work I at last have a working kitchen. Even the door handles are on!  

Walls painted in Valspar's Clay Figurine

Walls painted in Valspar's Clay Figurine

Cornicing and rose fitted by Manor Ceilings

Cornicing and rose fitted by Manor Ceilings

It is so nice to have a sink again after weeks of washing up in a bucket filled directly from the stopcock! (Although I'm still flushing the loo this way!)